Monday, June 21, 2010

Pork Tenderloin with whole grain mustard sauce

Lest you think I am vegetarian, I'd better get a meat recipe in here! With all the veggies, photos of veggies, souffles and the like, it was looking a bit vegetarian around here. Not that that's bad.....heaven knows, most of us aren't eating enough of them! In fact, the cookbooks I've acquired recently are vegetarian because I needed some inspiration to make more interesting veggie dishes.

Pork is a strange ingredient for me to select for my first meat recipe, because I'm not really a pork eater. I made this mostly for my husband and a friend who was coming over for dinner Saturday night. They both loved it. Super easy. Try it sometime.

It's Pork Tenderloin in a zesty Dijon Mustard Sauce over Egg Noodles. The noodles soak up the sauce which is really key to this recipe. I also prepared steamed broccoli alongside it.

Pork Tenderloin with whole grain mustard sauce

2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into 12 (1-inch-thick) slices
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup dry white wine
3 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons cornstarch

Cook noodles according to package directions, drain.
While the noodles cook, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the pork with pepper and salt. Place pork in pan; cook 5 minutes, turning once.

Combine the wine and mustard; pour into pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove pork from pan; keep warm.

Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir cornstarch mixture into pan; bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute or until thick. Serve pork with sauce and noodles.

Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light Magazine, October 2001.

Serves 3-4.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Print Friendly